Plain text summary
Buster says “If there is an emergency, and there are no adults to help you, call 111.”
Examples of an emergency:
- You see burglars.
- You see fighting.
- Mum and Dad aren’t home, you’re alone and it’s late.
- There’s fighting at home and someone is being hurt.
- Mum or Dad won’t wake up even when you shake them.
- You and your friends see people tagging.
What to do you call 111:
- Tell them your name and where you are calling from.
- Then tell them what’s wrong so they can help you.
- Remember to speak clearly and slowly so they can understand you.
- Stay calm. Speak clearly and slowly so they can understand you.
- Answer all questions and follow all instructions.
- Stay on the phone until they tell you it's OK to hang up.
Remember your phone number and address, so you can repeat them if you need to call 111. It's a good idea to write down your phone number and address and keep it next to your phone at home.